WELCOME TO BOICEVILLE COTTAGES!
Before your lease begins, please review this checklist to make your move-in as seamless as possible.
IMPORTANT! GAS & ELECTRIC
One week prior to the start of your lease, please contact New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG) to ensure the gas and electric meters are transferred to your name. It takes a week to set up. Per the lease: "Tenant agrees to have the Electric and Gas kept in their name from the first day of the lease to midnight of the last day of the lease" — not the first day you move in.
Contact NYSEG: 1-800-572-1111
If you do not have natural gas service, please contact Becky at Ehrhart Energy (one week prior to the start of your lease) to have the propane put in your name.
Contact Ehrhart Energy: 607-387-8881
KEYS & NO SMOKING
When you arrive, the door will be unlocked. Keys will be left over the door or on the counter inside the house. There will be two keys — one to the front door and one to your mail box located in the Meeting House.
Please remember that there is no smoking inside the houses nor in the community Meeting House.
TRASH, compost & RECYCLING
Place household trash in the provided dumpsters provided (no tags necessary).
Beige and circular compost bins are located in many areas around the Boiceville community. Here you can place yard wastes, such as leaves, grass clippings, weeds, fruit and vegetable scraps, and food wastes, such as coffee grounds, tea bags, and egg shells. Do not add meat, bones, fatty food wastes, such as cheese, grease, oils, dog and cat litter, diseased plants, invasive weeds, nor weeds that have gone to seed to the pile.
All recycling should be placed in single-stream recycling dumpster. Please break boxes down to save space.
TOOLS & GARDEN BOXES
Residents are welcome to use our tools, including brooms, carts, and other equipment like shovels - free of charge. We kindly ask that you return the tools immediately after use for other residents to use as well. All tools are found by the Boiceville Cottages' Office & Maintenance Garage - the yellow x stucco building with a garage door behind the dog park.
If you need more dirt for your garden, help yourself to the large pile of dark dirt by the second entrance to Boiceville Cottages. If the pile's empty, we're done for the season and will add more next year.
DOG, CATS & SERVICE ANIMALS
- Dogs must be kept on a leash at all time, except in the dog parks.
- Cats must be kept indoors, unless on a leash.
- Pick up after your pets and deposit bags in the trash bins. It's no fun sending out community-wide email reminders about this. Be good to each other, please.
- We'll say it again for good measure: When leaving the dog park, please remember any/all dog poop bags and deposit these in the trash bin.
- Be mindful of service dogs and their owners. Service dogs will have vests on and are trained to help their owners live with ease. Please respect the fact that even though these dogs are beloved by their owners and very happy doing what they are trained to do, they are not pets. Service dogs are working dogs trained to do specific things to enable their owners to live as normally as possible. Some service dogs are trained to warn their owners when people, objects, or animals are approaching, and to warn those approaching to keep their distance. Other dogs must not be allowed to approach service dogs — even to "meet and greet". Understand that if an owner of a service dog says, "Please do not approach my dogs", or "Please do not try to pet my dogs", they're not being rude! And this is in no way a judgement on you or your dog. This is simply a way to keep everyone happy and safe.
CLEANING COPPER COUNTERS & MAINTENANCE REQUESTS
To clean your kitchen's copper counters: Many residents have recommended Bar Keepers Friend, or, for an all-natural option, lemon and salt, or a flour paste with vinegar and salt. Here's a good DIY guide for the all-natural option.
We know that maintenance issues can arise occasionally. That's why our on-site team, George and EJ, monitors all maintenance requests and is ready to help.
Schedule an appointment via the online form, and we'll reach out to you ASAP.
Please be considerate about parking: If you own several cars, park some in a lot farther from your cottage to allow your neighbors to park close to their homes.
Try your best to park close to other cars and allow the maximum number of cars in each lot.
Share your photos with #BoicevilleCottages, #BoicevilleDogs, or #BoicevilleCats (and tag us with @boiceville_ if you'd like!) to be featured in our photo of the week.
Join the Boiceville Community Facebook Group to connect with your neighbors, hear about community events, and sell items.
Subscribe for the Boiceville Cottages newsletter at the bottom of the website. On the first of each month, we share some of our favorite, local events and destinations. If you'd like to promote event for an upcoming month, please reply to the newsletter and let us know.
SHARE THIS LIST WITH YOUR PARTNER OR ROOMMATE!
- Cleanliness of house. Remember that you have agreed to the following: "Tenant agrees that upon termination of lease, Tenant will vacate the premises and leave the premises, including stove, shower, appliances, floors, and other items in as clean a condition as they were when Tenant took possession."
- Please notify NYSEG and/or Ameri-Gas to take the meters out of your name as of midnight of the last day of your lease.
- Please be sure to contact your telephone and cable company to terminate your service. This is important for an easy transition for the next tenant.
- Please leave your door unlocked with front door and mail box keys on counter.